Is it just me or does your life seem an unending struggle to cull clutter? This beauty blogging lark has only worsened conditions but I must say I've found some pretty darn amazing products which do make up for living in what feels like a mini Boots outlet.
I have 7 products here which have all finished up around the same time. Oh that sweet satisfaction of chucking an empty container of something you loved (or hated!) in the bin knowing that it can only mean one thing - shopping for a replacement!
So here's my list:
- Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in 1 Fair - oh yes, I've already bought the replacement in fact. My all time favourite, holy grail concealer. Even if this was big bucks I'd buy it, but for around £4 you can't go wrong. Extended love letter to this product coming soon!
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 51 Vanilla - this is nice skin in bottle. I've raved about this enough on here so it's no surprise it's replacement in waiting in the wings already!
- Batiste Dry Shampoo in Fresh - LOVE this version of Batiste as I find it doesn't make my nose as itchy as some of the other scents. It really soaks up the oil better than the Tropical and Blush versions too. I couldn't live without it.
- Mitchum Deodorant in Powder Fresh - would you call this a beauty item? hmm, anyway I whacked it in there as I've used this product without diversion for the past four years. The Powder Fresh scent is gorgeous. Give it a try.
Not to Buy
- YES YES YES/ OUI OUI OUI Lip Butter - NO NO NO. Bought this after it was raved about by various YouTubers. Hate it. Glad it's discontinued. Horrid consistency, not moisturising, and only good thing I can say about it was it had a decent taste, a bit like passionfruit.
- i.d BareVitamins Skin Rev-er-Upper - I got this with a starter set of Bare Minerals foundations and brushes which is a fantastic set, but from day one this moisturiser/primer smelled rank. It smelled off. I thought it was mine so I went back to the shop and sniffed the tester and it also had the off whiff so I guess that's just how it is. For this reason alone I wouldn't repurchase, but other than that it is a nice light moisturiser for oily skin so I used it in the mornings. Doesn't contain SPF though which is a drawback.
- John Freida Sheer Blonde 3 Minute Tone Booster - I bought this when I got a lot of blonde highlights the summer before last. It has a purple tinge to it and is supposed to brighten blonde tresses. I can't say that I noticed any real difference in the vibrancy of the blonde but what I hated was that my hands would seriously tingle and itch after use and the product had a very chemical - almost ammonia smell - so I don't think it was great to have it all over my hands! However John Freida used to make a Radiant Red tone booster which was amazing and really did boost colour. However it's sadly been discontinued but if any of you want to join a petition with me, let me know!
Enter my Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser giveaway here.