The blogger: Liloo/Tsunimee
The blog: Le Petit Jardin de Liloo
What inspired you to create Le Petit Jardin de Liloo?
I was fed up that my so called friends on Facebook didn't give a monkey about my passion for makeup, fancy dress, fancy makeup, Halloween so I wanted to have a blog mainly about makeup and experimenting with makeup. Reading blogs also gave confidence to start one for myself.
What do you enjoy most about blogging?
I love the feedback I get from the people who are kind enough to read my blog and take the time to comment. I love the networking it creates, meeting new people through the medium of blogging, getting tips on how to use products, ideas for better products, ideas of cheaper alternatives.
Which of your posts did you most enjoy putting together? (include a link!)
- One of the posts which was very satisfying to put together was a poll post on 'why your blog posts doesn't get enough comments'. This was an eye opener for me and the feedback I had has been very uplifting.
- More recently, Writing a post about '8 reasons why you *still* can't put false lashes on’ was very enjoyable too. It was great to finally put on paper some thoughts which had been brewing in my head for so long.
- and last but not least, the Sleek Saturday Series despite being a lot of work has been amazing. I didn't think so many people would want to take part!
What are your three Holy Grail beauty products?
- Eyelure 101 False Eye Lashes which is, by far, my most repurchased pair of false eyelashes ever
- Models Own Utopia Nail Polish, which has just recently topped off 'Nails Inc London' my ultimate nail polish. Utopia is for a 'minimal effort, maximum impact' nail polish. I feel classy, elegant, well groomed when I wear it and I always get compliments
- Splash Proof Sealer (Eye Base) This is the best product to stick loose glitter onto my eye lids. The product is quite difficult to get hold of and I would be really lost without it. Link!
What’s your #1 make up tip?
Nothing will make your eye makeup stand out more than a pair of falsies. Invest some time in finding your holy grail pair of lashes and you will feel on top of the world: I do!
Which celebrity’s make up do you admire most?
I am very envious of Jennifer Lopez, Kim Kardashian and Katy Perry makeup looks
What is your favourite makeup brand?
What’s their stand-out product in your opinion?
This is probably the most difficult question of this whole interview. Being a budget makeup girl at heart, and wanting as much value as possible for money, I'm a big fan of BeautyUK and of their nail polishes.
Which ‘hyped’ beauty product has let you down the most?
Batiste Brunette Dry Shampoo (the one with a hint of colour). Maybe my expectations were too high but this product did nothing for me, and definitely didn't hide any subtle grey roots!
Tell us about your most embarrassing make up/beauty/fashion disaster?
My most embarrassing moment was went to Spain for 2 weeks for a language course. On the first day there, I thought I would experiment with Johnson's Holiday gradual tanner. What bad could happen from that? Nothing, I thought, as it is designed to be gradual tanner. I had the most lurid orange streaks on my legs. This could have been avoided if I had read reviews about it beforehand but this happened at a time when Johnson's Holiday was the only gradual moisturiser on the market, a time when I had no idea that beauty blogs existed.
Top 3 beauty products on your wish list?
- A cheap dupe of Chanel Peridot which would be available in the UK, easily and at a maximum of £5
- The 17 Cosmetics BB cream
- China Glaze Peace on Earth nail polish
Tell us three of your favourite beauty blogs/YouTube channels?
My favourite beauty blogs are Lipglossiping.com and Cosmetic-candy.com.
My ultimate favourite YouTube channel is goldiestarling.
Thanks for undergoing my Beauty Blogger Inquisition Liloo!