Today the adorable Natalie from Pixielashes brings you her take on a smokey eye from Sleek's Oh So Special palette - one of my favourites. Her EOTDs are beautiful and if you are a Sleek fan, you must go check out her blog if you haven't already following her Beauty Blogger Inquisition on Saturday.
I am so happy to be guest posting for you while Kat is on her holidays, and thought that an EOTD would be a fun post to do :)
One of my favourite make-up looks is definitely a smokey eye, nude lip combo, and sometimes rather than using the classic black, I like to experiment using different colours for a fresh take on the look.
Today I pulled out the Sleek 'Oh So Special' palette which has some seriously beautiful colours in it, steered away from the black for a change, and went for the gunmetal and deep purple shades to get a brighter more fun but still smokey effect.
How to get the 'Oh So Special' smokey eye
- I used Glitz (an amazing gunmetal/blue metallic shade) all over the lid, up to the crease on a MAC 139 flat eye shadow brush.
- Then I applied wrapped up (deep matte purple) on the outer edge of the eye and blended it in towards the centre of the lid and into the socket using a MAC 217 blending brush.
- On a MAC 219 pencil brush I applied Pamper (bright matte peach) into the inner corner of the eye and onto the inner corner of the lower lashline.
- using the 139 brush from the first step I ran that with what was left over underneath the lower lash line
- I popped a bit of The mail (light matte brown) on a clean 217 blending brush and blended the harsh edges above the socket line to give a softer effect.
- Then I just lined the waterline with a black liner and added black mascara.
I hope you like it guys! I am loving this palette at the moment and it is the only Sleek one I own, I would love to hear which are your favourite Sleek palette's and which would you recommend I pick up next. :)